Fernando Alonso, who fractured his jaw in a cycling accident earlier this month, will not attend Alpine’s launch event next week, the team has confirmed.
Alpine ran a Renault RS18 chassis in a test at the Paul Ricard circuit on two days earlier this week, which Alonso did not participate in. Test driver Christian Lundgaard and Alonso’s team mate Esteban Ocon shared the car.
The team has now confirmed Alonso will not be present during their team launch on Tuesday next week. The event is being held online due to Covid-19 restrictions.
“We regret to confirm that Fernando Alonso will not be present for the media Q&A on this occasion,” the team stated. “The sanitary situation and corresponding regulations in place do not allow him to do any communications and marketing activities while he undertakes his critical season preparation.”
The team is due to join its rivals for pre-season testing at the Bahrain International Circuit from March 12th to 14th.
Don't miss anything new from RaceFans
Follow RaceFans on social media:
Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and
2021 F1 season
- Red Bull Racing spent £230m during Verstappen’s title-winning 2021 campaign
- ‘I can’t box?’: Hamilton and Verstappen’s 2021 Abu Dhabi GP radio transcript
- Abu Dhabi’s legacy one year on: How the controversial 2021 finale changed F1
- The case for changing F1’s penalty points system as Gasly nears ban
- Aston Martin fined $450,000 for F1 budget cap violation